Friday, May 3, 2013

Week 3 - Post 1

After reviewing the schedule for this week, I have to say I'm excited to learn more about this notion of segementation in this digital age. 

It resonates with me, because my team and I have recently invested a great deal of time and money in trying to segment our slot machine players.  We first viewed them by their level of spend and frequency of visits, but then explored their behaviors, motivations, wants and needs using several attributes.  There is a lot of macro level information available online, like this article for example that says the most common player is a 55-60 year old woman with an annual income of greater than $55k. But we wanted to take it further, since we make the games. Our intent is to understand the types of games certain types of players want and why. 
A Lens for Slot Player Segmentation
However, I get the impression from the title of this particular module, Micorsegmentation, and the article titled "The Death of Segmentation" that I'm going to become quickly enlightened on how this digital age is allowing and maybe forcing companies to look at their customers at an even more granular level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment